Presidency responds to “Lost” 2016 Budget Mystery & Confusion
Various news reports have confirmed that the 2016 budget is missing.
Premium Times says
“the hard and soft copies of the 2016 budget documents President Muhammadu Buhari handed over to the National Assembly on December 22, 2015, have been declared missing.
The Nigerian Senate was scheduled to commence deliberation on the proposed budget Tuesday (today).
But Senate Leader, Ali Ndume, shocked lawmakers at a closed-door session, when he told them the budget documents had been stolen”
Responding to enquiries about the missing budget, the Presidency has said;
Nobody except the President can withdraw the budget. As far as we know, he hasn’t done that.
The copies in their hundreds have been delivered to both chambers of the National Assembly.
By tradition, once the budget is submitted, it ceases to be our property.
Enquiries as to where it is should be directed to the appropriate quarters.
Basically the Presidency is passing responsibility for this situation to the Senate.